Friday, December 14, 2012

What is a Wedding Planner: The Initial Consultation


Now booking weddings for December and 2013.  For a free initial consultation email or call, austinbudgetweddingplanner@gmail.com or 512-657-7209.  Wedding planning services no higher than $750!!


 Our babysitter has shown interest in the wedding planning industry and yesterday when she was watching the kids, I briefly explained to her what the job entails.  I got to thinking, there are a lot of people out there that just really don't understand what a wedding planner is or why you would hire one, so I decided to do a series of posts detailing the entire wedding planning process.  Of course, for those full service wedding planners the amount of work is dependent upon the time in which they are hired and how much they were hired for, but for this purpose and since I am now only doing day of service, we will discuss, in detail, the role of a day of wedding planner.
  After I am contacted by a bride, I immediately set up a free initial consultation.  This will take place at a convenient location, usually a coffee shop or something similar.  At this meeting the bride and I (and anyone else that might attend the meeting) sip on a beverage, munch on some snacks and talk about the wedding.  When I got married, I felt as if I was the only one that truly cared about the event and I'm sure I'm not the only bride that has felt that way.  I desperately wanted to talk about all my plans, but didn't want to bore my friends and family.  As a wedding planner, I care about the wedding nearly as much as the bride.  I want to know every detail, every vendor hired, every bridal party member, family dynamics, decor, and logistics.  I want to know it all and that is what we talk about at the initial consultation.  We start off by discussing the solid aspects; who, what, when, where, and why.  Who is in the wedding party and what other family members play an important role?  Are there any family dynamics I need to know about?  What is the look and feel you are wishing to establish at your wedding?  We'll then go through all of the vendors; we'll talk about who you've hired and who you still need to hire.  I'll ask questions about the vendors your still looking for so I will be able to point you in the right direction of a great match.  Do you like light and fluffy desserts or rich and decadent (for cake)?  What types of food do you and your fiance enjoy (for caterer)?  Are you modern in design styles or more romantic (florals)? Etc, Etc.  We'll go over a very informal agenda and talk about the flow of your wedding day.  We'll talk about your venue or discuss possible venues and talk about their guidelines and the amount of time your allowed for set-up and breakdown.  Then we'll discuss your budget...what are you willing to spend on and what are you willing to save on?  We'll wrap everything up with a discussion of my services and why you would hire a wedding planner.  It makes for a very fun day!  So if your ready to set up a free initial consultation, drop us an email....austinbudgetweddingplanner@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. It is a great information for the engaged people who are going to plan the wedding. There are certain things have to see before choosing the wright wedding planner for the wedding. If you want to plan the wedding by themselves, the wedding app for iPad are perfect choice for them.

    ReplyDelete